Instant carrot pickle recipe!
Craving for some pickle? Try this instant carrot pickle healthy and tasty moreover it is instant. No need to keep for days to eat the pickle. Prepare and serve. If stored in the refrigerator this carrot pickle can be stored only for a week . No need to wait for days like lemon, mango pickles… to savor this carrot pickle .
Carrot is an amazing root loaded with Vitamin A and beta carotene. The high level of beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant. It help slows down the aging of cells. Chewing on a piece of carrot after each meals helps in maintaining the healthy gums and teeth.
Carrot Pickle | Instant Carrot pickle recipe
- 1 Medium size carrot Cut carrots around 1/2 cup
- 1/8 tsp roasted methi powder / roasted fenugreek powder powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp Jeera powder
- 1 tsp salt
- juice of a lemon or lime to taste
- 1.5 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/8 tsp hing / asafetida
- Wash and dry the carrot, peel the skin then cut into small cubes
- Dry roast the methi seeds on low heat until it sputters and then turn off the heat
- When it is warm powder these methi seeds to a fine powder and store it in a jar
- To the cut carrot cubes add jeera powder, methi powder, salt, red chilli and turmeric powder, mix it
- Heat the oil in ladle on medium heat
- Once hot add mustard seeds, after it pops add hing and turn off the heat
- Add the seasoning to the carrot and squeeze the lemon/lime juice. mix it really well
- Instant carrot pickle is ready to serve.
- No need to wait for days like lemon, mango pickles… to savor this carrot pickle .