- Wash and thoroughly dry the amtekayi.
- Spread amatekayi and salt in layers in a glass or porcelain dish. (one layer amatekai, one layer salt and repeat)
- Cover it and keep it aside.
- Grind the mustard seeds and keep it ready.
- Mix everyday with a dry spoon to evenly distribute the salt. This is after 2 days.
- After 4 or 5 days, you see the amtekai in salt water. (Amatekai will shrink) This is after 4 days.
- Now add the mustard powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix it and now the tasty pickle is ready.
- Store it in a glass jar and you can store it for years.
- Take little pickle and season it with mustard seeds and hind and enjoy .
- Very important to dry the amtekai and also use only dry dishes.
- Always store it in a glass or porcelain jar.
- For Video Recipe in Kannada click here: