Ragi Dosa Recipe | Flinger millet dosa recipe
Ragi dosa is one of the many different varieties of dosas you can find in Karnataka. This is an ideal gluten free breakfast. Health benefits of Ragi: Ragi is rich in calcium, iron and fiber. It also contains phytochemicals, which aids in slowing down the digestion process. Ragi's high levels of niacin help in increasing HDL cholesterol while lowering Triglycerides.
Prep Time 10 hours
Cook Time 20 minutes
How to make Ragi Dosa batter:
- First, wash and soak urad dal and methi seeds in 1½ cups of water 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Grind this soaked ingredients along with the water into fine paste.
- Transfer this to the big container, then put the ragi flour to the mixer and add 2 to 2½ cups of water and grind it,just to mix water and flour.
- Pour this to the urad dal paste, add salt and mix really well. (If your mixer jar is big, pulse these two together in the blender itself). Allow it to ferment for 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Now the Dosa batter is ready to use.
- We recommend iron skillet instead of the non-stick tava/skillet. One skillet that has served me well is, Lodge Iron Skillet.
To make the Raagi dosa:
- Heat the skillet on medium high heat. Grease the skillet.
- Take a ladle of dosa batter pour it in the center and make the circle from the center.
- Put some oil / ghee on the dosa, cover the lid and let it cook. After 40 to 45 seconds, remove the lid and take out ragi dosa.
- Eat this hot dosa with chutney. Repeat the same procedure for making more dosa.