Plantain dosa is healthy and delicious dosa. Very easy recipe and no fermentation is needed to make this nutritionally rich morning breakfast dish.
Plantains are loaded with Vitamin B6, antioxidants and minerals. Plantains contains soluble fibers which aid in regular bowel movements.
To know how plantain fairs against banana, please refer to our blog, Plantain Vs Banana, which is better?
We have this delicious dosa recipe using the baalekaayi. This variety of plantain dosa does not require fermentation.
- Peel the skin of the plantains and cut it into small pieces to fit the mixer jar.
- First grind the soaked rice along with water (If you want to grind chillies, add them now).
- Then add cut plantains and add more water. Grind it to fine paste (dosa batter consistency).
- Transfer it to a container, add onion, jeera, coriander leaves, and salt, mix well.
- Now the batter is ready.
- Heat the greased tava/skillet on medium heat.
- Once it is hot enough (to check, sprinkle water on the tava, you should hear a strong sizzling sound), pour a ladle of dosa batter in the center. Spread the batter from the center in a circular motion to make a circle.
- Add the oil to the center and around the edges, and cover it with a lid.
- Once the dosa turns golden yellow, remove it from the tava and serve hot with coconut chutney or chutney of your choice.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining batter.
Reduce the heat every time you remove the dosa from the skillet and then increase it. Mix the batter every time you make Dosa. NO NEED TO FERMENT!