Looking for an easy, tasty evening snack or morning breakfast? Here is the simple masala avalakki | masala poha / aval recipe using paper avalakki / thin poha. This masale avalakki is a vegan, gluten free dish.
herethe recipe – menthe hittu recipe
Other interesting recipes you can try are
Sweet poha / poha pongal / avalakki. Pongal:
Aval and sooji/rava idli:
Aval and Rice Rava idli:
Mosaravalakki / curd poha:
- 2 cup paper avalakki | thin Poha
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1.5 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp peanuts/groundnuts
- 1 tbsp hurigadale/chutney dal /putani | fried gram
- 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- lemon / lime juice to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Menthya Hittu optional
finely chopped -
- Dry roast the avalakki on low heat until it becomes crisp
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the peanuts, then turn off the heat
- Add hurigadale, red chili powder, salt and menthe hittu, mix it well.
- add roasted avalakki /poha mix it well
- To this add the chopped ingredients, grated coconut, lemon juice, sugar and mix it well
- Serve immediately. It will be crisp and very delicious.