Akki rotti is the delicacy of karnataka. There are varieties of akki rotti. And this akki rotti is a gluten free food.
Please watch above video for detailed recipe of AKki rotti
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup finely chopped onion or 1 small onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- 2 finely chopped green chillies optional
- ¼ cup shredded fresh coconut
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- oil for making rotti and Iron skillet
Akki Rotti | Rice Rotti
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients ( except oil) and mix.
- Now slowly add water and mix the ingredients until you get a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- First, add a spoon of oil on the skillet and spread it around.
- Place the dough in the centre and press it gently to make a thin circle.( If the dough is sticking to the hand, wet the hand and then press).
- Now make a hole in the center and few more around. Pour the oil in the hole and around the edges too.
- Cover this rotti with a lid and place the skillet on the stove on a medium high heat.
- Once it becomes golden brown remove out the rotti (Usually takes 6 minutes).
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.
- Serve hot with ghee, coconut chutney or chutney powder.
If you are making this rotti, it is better to keep 2 skillets or the other option is, turn the hot skillet upside down and run the cold water until the skillet cools down and then make the next rotti