Besan Kheer | kadle hittina payasa is a quick and tasty kheer/payasam. WHenever you crave for some gluten free sweet or kheer this besan kheer is the best payasam to prepare and enjoy! This is with chana flour/kadale hittu, milk, sugar, ghee , nuts with the color from kesari/saffron. You can add little cardamom powder as well.
important thing to remember in this recipes is slowly roast the besan in the ghee, and when you add water , make sure to mix it well . No lumps should be there in the payasam.
Easy payasam recipe to prepare during any festival days as well.
Checkout these other mouthwatering kheer/payasam recipes such as
Poppy seeds payasam
Moong dal halva
And more sweet recipes CLICK HERE
- First dry roast the almonds and cashew pieces, and keep them aside to cool down.
- Then powder it and keep it ready.
- Crush/powder the pista using a mortar and pestle . Keep it aside.
- Heat the ghee in a big pan, add besan flour and fry it till it turns a golden brown color.
- Now add water and allow it to boil. Make sure there are no lumps of flour in it.
- Add the cashew and almond powder, saffron, sugar and milk. Mix it really well .
- Let it boil for 15 to 20 minutes on medium low heat and once you feel a little thickness, switch off the stove.
- Before serving, garnish it with pista powder
- You can serve hot or chilled