Cucumber is a low calorie, high water content, vitamin B rich vegetable. It is a excellent source of silica which helps for joint health and weight loss.
- 1½ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt (curd)
- ⅓ cup Grated fresh coconut
- ¼ cup Fried gram
- 7-8 green chillies (for medium level spice )
- small handful of cilantro
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- less than ¼ tsp of methi seeds
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp hing (if it is a strong hing just use a pinch)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder or Haldi
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Heat the pan and dry roast the sesame seeds and the methi seeds.
- Grind these roasted seeds, along with fried gram, grated coconut, green chillies, cilantro, and little bit of water, into a fine paste.
- Add this to the chopped cucumber.
- Heat the oil in a ladle and once the oil is hot (test by adding few mustard seeds, it should pop immediately), add mustard seeds.
- Then add hing, turmeric powder, and curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to the ground mixture and chopped cucumber.
- Finally add salt and yogurt to this mixture and mix well.
Cucumber Hasi majjige huLi is ready. Serve this along with steaming rice or as a side dish for chapatis, rotti.