Zucchini Rice Recipe, How to Make Rice Dishes Recipes
Zucchini is one of the summer squashes. It is a very low calorie vegetable, good source of dietary fiber. Also zucchini is a very good source of potassium. Here I am presenting healthy, quick fix for a vegan/vegetarian lunch box – tasty, delicious Zucchini Rice.
Servings 2 to 4 people
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
- Wash and cook the rice. ( 1 cup rice add 2 cups of water and little oil, either pressure cook it or use the rice cooker) .Once the rice is ready spread it on a plate and allow it to cool.
- Wash and grate the zucchini and keep it ready.
- Heat the 2 TBSP oil in a thick bottom pan. Add mustard seeds, once it pops add cumin seeds, chillies, cinnamon piece and cloves. Fry it for sew seconds. Then add grated zucchini along with turmeric powder. Mix it well.
- After 3 to 4 minutes, once the zucchini is cooked, reduce the heat, add salt.
- Add cooked rice. Mix it gently and cover it allow it to cook for 4 to 5 minutes on medium low heat.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and roasted walnuts.
- Quick and easy Zucchini Rice is ready to eat. Enjoy with Raita or chips :)
You can substitute carrot or pumpkin for Zucchini.