Happy Yugaadi to everyone! Yugadi is beginning of the new year for us.
Without consuming the mixture of Neem and Jaggery, our traditional Ugadi celebration is not complete in karnataka.
Bevu-Bella signifies that we have to give prominence to both Joy and sorrow, which is inevitable in everyone’s life path. In fact, the flavors are just that – bitter and sweet – resulting in “bittersweet”.
Every region has its own variation for preparing Bevu-Bella. This variation is traditionally followed from my mother-in-law with North-Karnataka influence.
For the recipe, please watch the video.
- 1 tsp neem flower tender neem leaves
- 1.5 tbsp Jaggery
- 2 tbsp red rocksugar / kallu sakkare
- 10 to 15 almonds
- 15 cashews
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 5 to 6 dried dates remove the seeds and break it into pieces
- 1 to 2 tbsp grated green mango
- pinch of cardamom powder optional
Bevu Bella for Yugaadi (Neem and Jaggery)
- Grind almonds, cashews, raisins, sugar, dried dates, and jaggery to a fine powder
- then add neem powder and pulse it.
- trasfer it to a bowl, add grated mango. Mix it and the yugadi mix is ready to offer to god.