Satyanarayana Prasada | Sapada Bhakshya
Satyanarayana prasada is rava halwa which is prepared on the Satyanarayana pooje day as a naivedyam / offering to Lord Sri Satyanarayana Swamy. It is also called Sapada Bhakshya. Satyanarayana Puja or vrata performed in many parts of India. It is usually performed on the hunnime or poornima/full moon day, during weddings and housewarming ceremonies as well. It is believed to be very auspicious vratham which can be performed by anyone anytime to get the divine blessings of God Vishnu – for good health, wealth, prosperity and so on…. At the end of the pooja, there is a story about origin of the pooja, benefits of doing this It is very important to listen to this story. In this story it is given the recipe of the prasadam, what is the right quantity of each ingredients. Here in this recipe we have followed the same method. Each ingredients has to be ¼ cup + a whole number or just ¼ cup is also ok. Example.. If you are planning to make prasadam using 1 cup rava, add ¼ to it and make it 1¼ cup..like that all ingredients must be equal quantity… exception is milk( you have to use only the milk, here we modified little with ¼ milk and rest is water)
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
- Heat half of the ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins. Transfer it to a bowl.
- To the same pan add the rave, fry it on low heat until it turns golden brown.
- In parallel boil the water in a different pan.
- Once the rave turns golden brown add boiling water, mix it, add banana, add milk, mix it thoroughly.
- Then add sugar and add ghee in between and keep mixing it for 5 minutes.
- Finally add cardamom powder,and turn off the heat. Add fried cashews and raisins, mix it and
- Prasada is ready to offer to Sri Satyanarayana.