Rave Unde | Rava Ladoo Recipe
Rave Unde is one of the oldest, and most popular sweets all over India. Though it is very easy to make, it does needs extra care while preparing this dish. My mom makes rave Unde in a different way, but I love the way my mother – in- law prepares. I am sharing this delicious Rave Unde recipe
Here is step by step instructions with pictures to "how to make Rava Laddu"
- 1 cup chiroti rave/fine sooji
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 6 almonds cut into small pieces
- 6 cashews cut into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 15 to 20 raisins
[the_ad id="4800"]Rave Unde
- You have to take the white part of grated to coconut
- Heat the ghee in a thick bottom pan on medium low heat,
- add almonds, cashews, then the raisins fry it until raisins puffs up and nuts turn golden brown. add coconut, mix it well,
- add rava/rave and fry this until the raw smell disappears(takes around 10 to 12 minutes on low heat)
- Once you get the nice aroma of roasted/fried rave,
- transfer it on to a plate.
- Keep the back on stove, add water and sugar. Let it boil on medium heat.
- Once you get into almost one string consistency, turn off the heat.(takes around 5 to 6 minutes)
- Add the ghee roasted rave, coconut mix along with cardamom powder and allow it to cool little bit.
- When the mix is kind of warm, mix it one more time and take the desired amounts and make the laddu/balls.
- Like this,
- You can store this for 2 to 3 weeks, Enjoy!
If you don't have chiroti rave/fine sooji, you can use local rave/upma rava
It is very important to roast the rave on low flame, stir it continuously.
Nuts and raisins - add it to your taste.
You can reduce the amount of ghee by a teaspoon or 2, but to get good rave unde you need to add more ghee.