Hurigadale Unde/ Fried Gram Laddu
Fried gram laddu Ladoo is a 5 minute, easy to make sweet with readily available ingredients at home. During parayana days, my mother used to do this sweet, maybe because it takes less time to get it done :)
- 1 cup hurigadale/ puttukadale/ puttani/ fried gram/ Roasted dalia split
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup grated dried coconut
- 3 cardamom
- 1 tablespoon cashew pieces
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 3 tablespoon ghee/ clarified butter
- This recipe make 10 to 12 ladoos.
- First, fine grind sugar and cardamom. Transfer this to a bowl.
- Next, fine grind the hurigadale/puttukadale/puttani/fried gram/Roasted dalia split.
- Add it to the powdered sugar. Add grated dried coconut, and mix well.
- Heat the ghee in a ladle and add cashews pieces. Fry until the cashews turn golden brown.
- Add raisins and turn off the heat.
- Once the raisins are ready (they will plump up), add them to the prepared mix.
- Mix all these ingredients very well. Your hand is the best tool for this job
- Take the desired amount of this mix and shape it like a ball.
- Tip: If it is hard to make the balls, you may want to add little more ghee (a teaspoon) to the mix.
- Now the tasty Hurigadale unde/ Roasted Dalia ladoo is ready to eat.
Please try out these other Ladoo’s
Sesame seeds (Ellu) laddu / unde / Til ladoo
Antina Unde / Dried Fruits Laddu with Edible Gum