Hurigadale Mysore Pak | Fried Gram Dal Mysore Pak |
Mysore pak is a very popular rich sweet dish usually made out of lots of ghee and chana/kadle hittuOver the time this sweet underwent lots of modifications, now Mysore pak can be prepared with refined oil or ghee and oil. Another modification is using hurigadale/fried gram dal/putani flour /hittu to make this sweet dish. This is very easy to make and super delicious, tastes more like real Mysore Pak using gram flour. Here is the recipe.
Servings 20 to 25 pieces
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 to 30 minutes
- In a thick bottom pan take powdered sugar, add enough water to cover the sugar. Keep this pan on medium heat until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Reduce the heat and add powdered flour, mix it thoroughly (make sure there are no lumps)
- Now keep the flame to medium low, keep mixing.
- Once flour and the sugar mixed completely, add ¼ cup oil, keep mixing.
- Repeat the above step once this oil is completely mixed with sugar and flour mix.
- Repeat the above step almost 4 to 5 times until all the ghee/oil is done.
- Keep mixing the sweet mix, if you are using only oil add ghee at this time,keep mixing until you see layers and mix leaves the pan.
- Now pour this mysore pak mix onto the greased plate, spread it evenly.
- When it is warm cut this sweet into desired shape and size using a cutter or knife.
- Once it cools down completely, take the pieces and Enjoy!