Gul Pavate Recipe, How to Make Wheat Flour Gul Pavate
Gul Pavate is a very traditional sweet which can be prepared with fine sooji/chiroti rava or it can be prepared with whole wheat flour. Healthy and delicious gul pavate everyone will love this. This particular sweet can be prepared in many different ways. My mother prepares this way.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut bring it to room temperature, if you are using frozen coconut
- 1 to 2 TBSP ghee
- 2 TBSP water
- 4 to 5 cashews broken into small pieces
- 1 TBSP raisins
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
[the_ad id="4800"]Gul pavate Recipe, How to make wheat Flour gul pavate
- Heat 2 tsp ghee in a thick bottom pan on medium heat. Fry the cashew pieces until cashews turns golden brown. Take cashews out and fry the raisins until it puffs up. Take this out and keep it aside.
- Reduce the heat to low, add 1 more tsp ghee, add the wheat flour. Roast it until the wheat flour turns golden brown and the raw smell disappears.
- Turn off the heat and transfer it to a bowl. To this add coconut. Mix it well and keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes.
- Now melt the jaggery by adding 2 TBSP water in a kadai on medium heat. Clean the syrup if needed. Add remaining ghee. You can add more ghee.
- Once you get the one string consistency add the fried cashews and raisins and turn off the heat. Add cardamom powder and coconut - wheat flour mix. Mix it well and make a desired shape.
- Enjoy !
- If you like you can dip these in grated dry coconut too.