Coconut Burfi/kobbari Mitayi is a traditional, simple, quick Dessert to satisfy our sweet tooth with a rich coconut flavor.
- 2 cups shredded fresh coconut
- Little less than 2 cups of sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoon of water 1 to 2 tbsp more depending on the sugar texture
- ⅛ tsp cardamom powder
- Grease the medium size plate with oil/ghee and keep it ready.
- In a thick bottom pan, add sugar and 3 to 4 tbsp water .
- Turn on the heat on medium low and let this sugar melts.
- Once we get the line syrup, add coconut and mix it.
- Once you see the mixture getting thick, add cardamom powder.(it may take 6 to 7 minutes)
- Mix it and once the mixture separates from the bottom of the pan, turn off the heat and put this on the greased plate.Spread it evenly.
- Let it cool before cutting it into desired shape and size.