Badam Burfi can prepared in many different ways. Traditionally we make the burfi with grinding the badam/Almonds with milk and takes about an hour to do it. With the aroma of kesari/saffron the taste of this badami burfi is heavenly :) I am making the burfi traditional way, though it takes long time to make, it tastes really good. It is worth all the effort.
- Grease a plate with ghee and keep it ready.
- Boil the water and add almonds and turn off the heat. Leave it for a minutes and then drain the water.
- The almonds looks like this!
- Then squeeze the almond and remove the skin and repeat for all almonds and keep it ready.
- Grind the de skinned almonds along with milk to a fine paste. Add this paste to a thick bottom pan, add sugar, add saffron soaked milk, 2 TBSP ghee and mix it well.
- Turn on the heat to medium low, keep stirring the mix to avoid burning. After 15 minutes, mix becomes thick, add 1 to 2 TBSP ghee
- Keep on stirring until the sweet mix leaves the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the mix onto the greased plate.
- Smear little ghee to a flat bottom cup, gently rub it on the mix.
- Once the mix cools down a little, cut it to a desired shape and size using a pizza cutter or with a knife. Enjoy this delicious burfi :)