Chaat but healthy. Misnomer? Not at all. This is a very quick, easy and healthy chaat that can be prepared by anyone in the family :). This is one of the chaat’s where you can get very creative. Corn chaat is very handy if you have sweet corn at home and you can whip up a tasty snack on a very short notice. Surely this is kids favorite snack! Here is the recipe to Simple spicy Sweet Corn chat or Masala Corn.
- 1 cup corn or 1 big sweet corn
- ½ tbsp ghee
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ to ½ tsp red chilli powder
- Pinch of pepper powder
- 2 tbsp chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp Sev
- 1 to 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
Corn Chaat | Spicy Masala Corn
- Remove the corn from the cob.
- Easy way of removing the corn is cut along the corn on one side
- next cut along the other side of the line
- and remove one column of corn
- Press with you thumb to remove all the corn from the cob
- Heat the butter or ghee or oil in a pan on medium low heat. Fry the corn on medium low heat until the corns puffs up.
- Turn off the heat and add salt, pepper powder, and red chilli powder. Mix it well. Allow it to cool.
- Squeeze the lemon juice as desired and mix it.
- Now to the serving plates, put the desired amount of this masala corn,
- then add chopped tomato, onion, grated carrot and garnish with the chopped cilantro and Sev. Now the mouth watering Masala Corn snack or Corn chaat is ready to serve !