Wheat dosa recipe | Godhi dOse | Paddu recipe | Broken wheat dosa recipe |
Another addition to our breakfast recipes is this easy, tasty and healthy wheat dosa recipe | godhi dose. 1 batter and we are making 2 different breakfasts. No onion, no garlic dosa or add anything you want to make paddu or paniyaram.
I have used nugge soppu/moringa/drumstick leaves along with chopped onion, jeera and chilies, the other options are chopped methi leaves, baby spinach,and dill leaves. Onion is completely optional. Hope you will try this dosa recipe.
If you like dosa try these tasty dosa as well.
Methi leaves dosa
And more dosa recipes HERE
Breakfast recipes HERE
TOOLS:Tava Preethi mixer
WHeat dosa and paniyaram recipe| please watch the above video for detailed instruction
- 1 cup broken wheat or whole wheat
- 1/4 gram cup urad dal/ split blackdal
- 1 tbsp I am using chana dal here any lentils toor or chana or whole moong or any beans of your choice
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 2½ cups of water
- To make the paddu :
- Dosa Batter
- finely chopped onion
- finely chopped green chilies
- jeera cumin seeds
- finely chopped greens(i am using drumstick leaves/moringa
- little salt if needed
Wheat Dosa Recipe | Paniyaram
- Wash wheat,urad dal , methi seeds, and lentils thoroughly and soak it with 2 cups of water for 4 to 5 hours or overnight
- Transfer some of the soaked water to a cup(use this water to grind ) and grind to dosa batter consistency.
- Now transfer the batter to a big pan. Add some water to the mixer jar and put that as well.
- I have used around 2.5 cup of water altogether(includes soaking )
- mix it , cover it and let it ferment for 6 to 8 hours/overnight.
- You can make the dosey without fermenting the batter as well.
- To this fermented batter add salt and mix it really well. Dosa batter is ready.
- Either you can make dosey or paddu.
To make the Dosa:
- Grease and heat the tava on medium heat and heat the tava on medium heat
- Once hot, take a ladleful of batter and pour it in the center to spread this in circular motion to make the dosa.
- Put 1 tsp of oil around the edges and on the dosa.
- Cover it and cook it for a minute or so
- Once the dose is done remove it using a spatula
- repeat the same procedure for making more dosey. Grease the tava only if needed
To make the paddu:
- Grease and Heat the paddu pan on medium heat.
- Now mix all the ingredients in a bowl )onion, chilies,greens, and jeera and the required amount of dosa batter)
- add 1/4 tsp oil to each paddu pan cup and pour 2 tbsp batter to all. cover it and cook it for 2 to 4 minutes
- then flip the paddu (you can put some oil again) and again cover it and cook it for few more minutes
- Now the paddu are ready. remove it to a plate
- before making the next batch add oil again and follow the same procedure.