Rice Poori Recipe
Poori is one of the most popular fried bread in India. Poori is made of wheat or maida/all purpose flour. Everyone irrespective of the age loves it. Now a days many of us are looking for a gluten free poori recipe, here is the interesting gluten free poori using rice flour. Along with rice flour we are adding some flavors like onion, jeera and some coconut. You can enjoy the poori with coconut chutney.
For the vegan option instead of ghee, heat the required amount of oil and add it to the flour.
Here is the step by step instructions to Gluten Free Rice Poori recipe
- 2 cup rice flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated fresh coconut if you are using frozen coconut bring it to room temperature
- 1 TBSP ghee or hot oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 4 to 5 green chillies if you have jeerige menasinakaayi dried powder you can use 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water as needed do not add all water at once
- oil to fry the poori
[the_ad id="4800"]Rice Poori Recipe
- Grind grated coconut, onion, salt, green chillies, cumin seeds and chilli powder along with little water to a fine paste.
- In a bowl take rice flour, turmeric powder and ghee or heat the oil and add it and mix it well.
- Now add the ground paste and mix it. Add water if needed.
- Mix it to a medium hard dough.
- Heat and grease the plantain leaf (or grease a plastic sheet).
- Take around 2 TBSP dough, make a ball like this.
- Place it on the greased surface and pat it with the palm to make circle.
- like this.
- It should not be very thick.
- Once you are ready, keep the oil on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough, gently put the prepared poori.
- Press it gently on top of the poori with a perforated ladle,
- it helps the poori to puff up.
- Fry the pooris until it turns golden brown on both sides,
- Remove it and transfer the poori on to a paper towel or colander.
- Repeat the same procedure to make remaining pooris.
- Enjoy this hot rice pooris with coconut chutney or saagu.