Masala Idli Recipe
Masala Idli is super easy and tasty recipe, can be prepared with leftover idli Batter. By adding few items, the regular idli can be transformed into a whole new Breakfast item :)
Here I am giving the recipe for 2 to 2 ½ cups of batter.
For idli batter recipe click here: Idli batter Recipe
Here is the step by step instructions with picture to make Masala Idli
- 2 to 2½ cups Idli batter 2TBSP Finely chopped onions
- ½ tsp jeera
- ½ tsp chopped ginger
- 2 TBSP chopped coriander leaves
- 3 to 4 chopped curry leaves
- ½ TBSP chana dal soak in water for an hour
- ½ TBSP moong dal soak in water for an hour
- 1 to 2 TBSP grated coconut
- Ghee or oil to grease the idli plate
- Little salt
- Drain the water from the dals.
- Add dals and all other ingredients to the idli batter. Sprinkle little salt and mix it well.
- Grease the idli plate and pour the idli batter to the plated
- Steam cook either by using the pressure cooker without weight or any idli maker for 13 to 14 minutes on medium high heat.
- Turn off the heat and wait for 2 to 3 minutes, and then take the idlis out.
- Enjoy this idli with chutney or Sambar!
You can add grated carrot, chopped dill too