Bellada dosa/Vella dosai
Vella Dosai / Bellada Dosa is a very traditional sweet and also surprisingly a breakfast dish. This vella dosai or bellada dosa or jaggery dosa will be prepared on navarathri gombe bagina. Navarathri is 9 days of festival celebrated all over India. This recipe is from my grandmother. This is gluten free dish.
Servings 4 to 5 dosa
Prep Time 3 to 4 hours
Cook Time 10 minutes
- First drain the water from the rice and poha and place them in a grinder / mixer
- Add all the other ingredients to the mixer and make a fine paste by adding very little water until you get a dosa batter consistency.
- Heat the skillet or pan and reduce the heat to low medium.
- Grease the skillet and pour a little bit of dough using a ladle and spread it around.
- Add little bit of oil around the dosa.
- Cook it till it turns brown, then loosen all the edges. Flip the dosa over to cook on the other side too.
- Serve hot with ghee or with honey.