Ganesha and Gowri festivals are over, left with lots of fruits! No matter what festival we celebrate we will be definitely left with lots of bananas for sure. What can we do with all those bananas? We know the recipe for Banana Saasive/Banana Mosaru bajji, now we have the recipe to make Banana Rotti/baalehannina rotti. These banana flavored rottis are very soft, delicious and easy to make.
- 5 to 6 big banana
- 2 cup rice flour
- 3.5 cup water
- 1/2 cup Jaggery powder optional
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- some oil/ghee
- Peel the banana skin and chop then into small pieces.
- Boil the water in a kadai/pan, add 1/2 TBSP ghee. Then add the chopped bananas. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add jeera, salt, jaggery powder and grated coconut. Mix it well.
- Now add the rice flour, then turn off the heat. Add cardamom powder and mix it really well.
- Allow it to cool.
Making Rotti using banana Leaves :
- Take a big piece of banana leaf, Place it on the fire/stove for a few seconds on each side . It makes the leaves soft in turn helps to make the rotti with out breaking.
- Grease the skillet and heat it on medium low heat.
- Grease the banana leaf.
- Mix the dough again. Take a desired size of the prepared dough, knead it with your hand and make a ball. Place it on the greased banana leaf and press with your palm to make the circle.
- Or you can use rolling pin to make the rotti. Roll it to thin circle.
- Now place this prepared rotti on hot skillet/tava. Gently remove the leaf.
- After a minute flip rotti to the other side. You will see brown spots on the cooked side.
- After few seconds, put few drops of ghee/oil and flip it to the other side.
- Now the rotti is cooked on both sides. Remove the rotti from the tava using a turner. Now this soft rotti is ready to serve.
Making Rotti using a plastic sheet/Holige Paper
- Grease the sheet and follow the above until you prepare the rotti.
- Transfer the prepared rotti to your hand .
- Place it on the tava. And follow the cooking procedure.
To make Rotti using Rice flour
- Third way is, if you do not want to use oil to prepapre rotti, you can dip the dough in the rice flour and roll it like chapathi/roti.
- And follow the above procedure to cook them.
- Follow any ways to prepare the rotti and enjoy the with ghee or butter or it goes well with maple syrup too.