Lemon Rasam or nimbu Rasam / limbe saaru / limbe rasam is very easy to make soothing drink. This is the recipe which can be prepared under 10 minutes. Soothing spicy and tangy soothing drink best in winter as well.
Saaru or Rasam is one of the main side dishes in south indian meals. When you begin your meals, always start with any liquid items with rice like saaru, menasina saaru/pepper rasam, or tambuli. It is believed to help in digestion of the remaining food we consume. Also end you should end with buttermilk rice.
Saaru is one of the dishes we make (especially in south India) for almost every day meal.
Try these other refreshing rasam recipes like buttermilk rasam, pepper jeera rasam, moong dal rasam and MORE RASAM RECIPES HERE.
For Rasam Powder recipe click 👉 RASAM POWDER
Lemon Rasam | Nimbu Rasam
- Juice of 1 to 2 lemons or
- 1.5 to 2 tbsp lemon / lime juice
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- jaggery to taste I have used around 4 tsp
- 1 tsp rasam powder / saarina pudi
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp ghee
- pinch of hing
- 1/2 ts mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- Few curry leaves
- 1 green chillies slit or chopped
- keep the water to boil in a pan on medium heat
- Heat the ghee in a ladle on medium heat, once hot add hing, mustard seeds
- After it sputters add jeera, once the jeera changes its color add green chillies and fry it for few seconds then add curry leaves, and turn off the heat.
- add the seasoning to the boiling water along with rasam powder, turmeric powder, jaggery, and salt, and let it boil on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes
- add rasam powder, turmeric powder, jaggery, and salt, and let it boil on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes
- After 6 to 8 minute ... add coriander leaves, mix it and turn off the heat
- now squeeze the lemon juice and add it to the rasam. Mix it well.
- Drink hot or eat with hot rice.