Another interesting summer recipe Whole Wheat Flour Sandige.These sun dried sandige or fryums are very easy to make in bulk and store it for the winter days!
Other Summer recipe: Rice papads,
Please watch the detailed video instructions to How to make wheat fryums
- ½ cup Whole Wheat flour / Godi Hittu
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 green chillies
- ½ tsp jeera or cumin seeds
- 2 pinches Hing or asafetida
- oil to fry.
Wheat Fryums | Whole Wheat Sandige
- Grease the plates or sheets and keep it ready
- Mix wheat flour with a cup of water and keep it aside for 4 to 6 hours
- Transfer the water to a bowl, and
- Grind soaked ragi flour along with green chillies to a fine paste
- Boil the remaining water in a pan along with salt, jeera and hing.
- Once the water starts to boil add the wheat flour, chilli paste mix,
- Rinse the mixer jar with the water from the soaked flour and add it to the boiling mix. keep stirring.
- After 6 to 7 minutes (you see the batter is shining) turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Take ½ to 1 tsp of the batter put it on the greased plate as shown in the video.
- Sun dry this sandige for a day or 2. Store it in a airtight container.
How to use the Sandige:
- Take required amount of dried sandige.
- Heat enough oil to fry the sandige on medium heat.
- Once hot deep fry the prepared sandige until it turns light golden color.
- Remove it and eat it as snack or side dish with rasam :)