Vaddaraagi Hittu/raagi sari/ manni is the best and oldest way of making the baby food. Raagi as we all know has calcium, iron and many more important nutrients which are needed for the growing baby. Start with making the powder using the Raagi/finger millet.Then add one ingredient at a time. This raagi hittu/powder is very healthy and conatins all the essential ingredients for the growing baby/Kid.
- Wash and soak above ingredients separately with sufficient water overnight.
- Next morning drain the water
- and tie it in a clean cloth to sprout. (each one separately)
- Like this.
- After 24 hours, you have these sprouted ingredients!
- spread these sprouted ingredients on the towel and dry this thoroughly under the sun for a day. (this is very important)
- Grind this dried ingredients in a mixer to a fine powder.
- If you are feeding 3 months to 1 year baby, follow this: Take a saucepan and cover the mouth with clean cloth.
- Put a TBSP or 2 of the prepared powder on the cloth and using a spoon just keep mixing it so that we will get the very fine powder.Use this powder for preparing Baby's food.
- Mix water, milk and the powder in a pan without any lumps.
- Cook this on medium low heat for 2 to 3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Once it becomes warm enough feed this to the baby.
- You can add honey or little salt with ghee in later months.
- Once you feel the baby is ok with this super food you can increase the amount.
- If the baby is above 1 year you can skip last 2 steps in preparing the powder.