Rice ribbons recipe | Crispy rice flour snacks |
If you are looking for an easy, crunchy, spicy , gluten free, vegan snack – try these rice ribbons. easy to make and delicious snacks.
Very few ingredients like rice flour, and salt, jeera, ajwain and chili powder. I have used home made rice flour for this recipe which I have shared already. Either you can use the home made rice flour or the store bought rice flour.
Other rice recipes you can try are enne rotti, tatti /crispy rice crackers,
Also you can check these snack recipes as well.
Tools and ingredient:
Rice Ribbons recipe | Crispy vegan and gluten free snack
- 1 cup rice flour
- Pinch of hing/asafetida
- 1 tsp ajwain/omkalu
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- finely chopped coriander and curry leaves
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 cup water
- oil to fry the snack
- 1 tbsp oil for the dough
- Heat a tbsp oil in ladle on medium heat, add to the rice flour and mix
- Boil the water, add salt, hing, jeera, omam, and rice flour, mix it well. Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
- Once the dough becomes a little warm, add chili powder, chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves. Grease your hands and mix it and knead it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the dough, roll it on greased plastic sheet as shown in the video
- Cut this as long ribbon/tapes as shown or desired shape
To fry the rice ribbons :
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium low heat
- Once the oil is hot add the prepared tapes
- Keep stirring and fry until it turns golden brown . Flip these ribbons and fry it,
- Once the rice ribbons turn golden brown on all sides remove it from the oil and
- Transfer this snack onto a colander/paper towel
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough