Potatoes are packed with starch, Vitamin B6, C and fiber. Its skin has fibre, flavonoids and other nutrients. This is very quick and easy snack, tastes awesome.
- 8 medium size potatoes (you can use any color potatoes purple ones are the healthiest choice).
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro /coriander leaves
- ¼ tsp dry red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp dhania powder or coriander powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoon of sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 to 2 tablespoon oil
- pinch of garam masala powder (add tastes but optional)
- 2 tbsp of sev for garnishing
Potato Chaat Basket
- First cut the potato into two halves (in a oval shape) and scoop out the middle part of the potato to create a cup shape. Keep the potato skin.
- Arrange them in an oven safe tray and shake a little salt on them along with spraying the oil.
- Place it in a oven to broil for 10 minutes, or until it turns golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and allow it to cool.
- Mix the carrot, onion, cilantro, salt, garam masala powder, coriander powder, and chilli powder thoroughly in a bowl.
- Next fill this mixture in the potatoes and top it with a ½ a tsp of sour cream, plain yogurt, or greek yogurt.
- Garnish it with a little crunchy sev and serve them as a snack or appetizer.