Cucumber Sev | South Indian Snack Recipes
Cucumber Sev – Easy and crispy, crunchy snack to go with a cup of coffee tea.
Made with simple ingredients such as rice, cucumber and spices. This southekai kharada kaddi or Cucumber Sev is Gluten free and vegan snack. Try this easy Sev recipe and share your feedback! It is no onion, no garlic , vegan, gluten free recipe.
Try other snack recipes such as
chakli, and Other SNACK RECIPES
step by step video instructions for making Cucumber sev.
- 2 cucumber
- around 1.5 cup rice flour quantity depends on the juice from cucumber
- 1/4 tsp jeerige menasina pudi or
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red chilli powder OR
- 3 to 5 green chillies
- 3/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp oma / ajwain
- Wash and peel the skin. Grate it
- and grind it to a fine paste. if you are using green chillies add it and grind. Transfer the juice to a bowl (~1 1.4 cup of cucumber juice)
- Add ajwain, salt, chilli powder and mix it.
- Then add rice flour little by little, mix it and make a soft dough.
- This is the consistency of the dough. (I have used around 1 1/4 cup +2 tbsp rice flour)
- Grease the chakli press, use the sev disc ,
- assemble and place the dough and close the lid as shown in video
- To Fry the Sev.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium low heat
- once the oil is hot enough - check by adding little dough, it has to come up immediately
- directly press the sev to the hot oil as shown in the video
- Flip it to the other side and fry it until it turns golden brown on both sides
- Once bubbles are subsided and turned golden brown, remove it and transfer it onto a paper towel/colander
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough.
- Enjoy htis sev with coffee tea...