Black Eyed Beans Vada is deep fried south Indian snack.v
snack cowpeas or black eyed peas are protein rich, fiber rich beans .
Here is the simple yet delicious bonda or vada recipe which is gluten free, vegan and no onion no garlic snack.
Enjoy the hot vadas with coconut chutney
Black eyed beans Vada or bonda recipe with detailed video instructions,
- 1 cup black eyed beans /cowpeas
- 2¼ cup water or enough water to soak the beans
- 2 tbsp coconut pieces
- around 4 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1 tsp ajwain
- ½ tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- around 20 tsp peppercorns coarsely crushed or 1pepper powder
- Finely chopped curry leaves
- finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
Black Eyed Beans Vada
- Wash and soak the beans in enough water for 3 to 4 hours or overnight
- Drain the water from the soaked beans and grind it to a fine paste by adding little by little water
- Transfer it to a bowl , consistency should be more like urad dal vada batter
- To this add salt, pepper powder, curry leaves, ginger,coriander leaves,coconut pieces and ajawin, Mix it well
- Final Consistency should be like this
- Heat enough oil to fry the vadas in a pan on medium low heat.
- Take a tbsp or 1.5 tbsp batter and gently drop into the hot oil one by one,
- fry it until it becomes golden brown on all sides by flipping and stirring,
- When the vadas turn golden brown on all sides, remove it from the oil and transferon a paper towel or colander
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining batter
- Eat hot vadas with chutney or as it is.