Baby Corn Fry
Baby Corn fry is very easy to make, delicious evening snack. Baby corns are actually corns harvested early when the stalks are small and immature. We can consume the whole corn with the cob.
- Around 30 baby corns
- ½ cup corn flour
- Salt to taste little for batter and to sprinkle on top around 1 tsp
- 1½ tsp red chilli powder
- Around ¼ cup water
- Around ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Tooth picks Optional
[the_ad id="4800"]Baby Corn Fry
- Take the flour in a bowl, add little salt, turmeric powder, add water and mix it to make a watery batter.(like neer dosa batter)
- You can prick a tooth pick to the baby corn as shown in the video.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot( to check add a drop of batter to the hot oil, it has to come up immediately) reduce the heat to medium low.
- Dip the baby corn in the batter and put this to the hot oil. Add 3 to 4 corns( amount depends on the quantity of the oil) keep stirring it so that it cooks evenly on all sides.
- Fry it until it turn light golden brown. Usually take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove it and repeat the same procedure.
- When it is hot( you can do it batch by batch as soon as you take baby corn fry out) sprinkle salt, red chili powder. Mix it and eat it when it is hot for the best crunchy taste
You can sprinkle chat masala and garam masala too.