Vegan Quinoa Pulao Recipe | Mint quinoa Pilaf Recipe| Vegan Quinoa recipes.
This is a quick and easy lunchbox recipe. Vegan and gluten free as well.
If you are new to our website please do check this quinoa idli recipe, quinoa kichdi, another variety quinoa masala bhath / quinoa pulao recipe, quinoa asparagus bhath. And Quinoa recipe archive as well.
If you are on quinoa diet or like to incorporate quinoa in your diet Quinoa Masala bhath is another tasty addition to your quinoa recipes list. DO try this tasty recipe .
Quinoa is very rich in calcium, protein and being a complex carbohydrate makes this food a natural internal cleanser. This makes quinoa part of a good plant based calcium diet for vegans as well as those who are lactose intolerant.
Tools and ingredients:
Quinoa Mint Pulao recipe |Vegan Quinoa Pulao Recipe | Mint quinoa Pilaf Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa wash 2 to 3 times and keep it ready
- 2.5 tbsp to 3edible oil
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
Vegetables of your choice
- 10 Green beans wash and cut
- 1 small carrot wash peel the skin and then cut
- 1 small potato wash and cut . place the cut potato in the water
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 small onion chopped, optional
- 1 handful of washed pudina /mint leaves
- 5 green chillies
- 1 clove garlic optional
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 10 black pepper
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- Grind mint, green chillies, jeera, coriander seeds, garlic(optional)ginger without adding water .
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker on medium heat, once the oil is hot add jeera,after few seconds add the masala paste, fry it until the raw smell disappears, add onion, sprinkle some salt, fry it for a 30 seconds and then add all the vegetables, add turmeric powder, mix it well.
- Now add washed quinoa, water and salt, mix it well and let it boil
- once it starts to boil cover the lid, turn off the heat after 2 whistles on medium high heat
- Now the cooked in cooled completely, open the lid, mix the bhath .
- Easy quinoa mint bhath is ready to serve .
- Keeping it aside for 10 more minutes will make this pulav more tasty. Then serve with chips, raita .... or as it is.