Quinoa Idli recipe | Vegan QUinoa Idli
If you are on quinoa diet or like to incorporate quinoa in your diet Quinoa idli is another tasty addition to your quinoa recipes list.
This tasty quinoa idli has no onion, garlic and it is a vegan breakfast. Quinoa idli goes well with Chutney or Sambar.
Quinoa is very rich in calcium, protein and being a complex carbohydrate makes this food a natural internal cleanser. This makes quinoa part of a good plant based calcium diet for vegans as well as those who are lactose intolerant.
Try other quinoa recipes such as
Quinoa bisi bele bhath
Quinoa moong Dosa
And more quinoa recipes HERE
Idli Sambar recipe
- Take quinoa in a bowl, wash thoroughly and add 1 cup of water and take urad dal and methi seeds in a separate bowl, wash and add 1.5 cups of water. Soak overnight or 4 to 5 hours.
- Grind soaked urad dal along with water to a fine consistency. transfer this to a big bowl
- Transfer some water to a cup from soaked quinoa, and grind it to a coarse consistency, transfer this to the urad dal batter
- This should be the consistency
- Consistency of the idli batter should like regular idli batter. Please watch for the perfect consistency. add water accordingly to grind quinoa and dal
- Mix it well, cover it and keep aside for 8 to 10 hours to ferment the batter
- Next day - mix the well fermented batter, add salt and mix it well again.
- Now the Idli batter is ready. You can make the idlis with this batter or you can give seasoning and make Idlis.
- My recommendation - adding the seasoning enhances the taste of this idli.
- Heat the oil in a ladle on medium low heat
- Once the oil is hot add hing, mustard seeds, after it pops add jeera, fry it for few seconds, add the dals, fry it until it slightly changes it color, add cashew pieces, Fry it until cashews turn golden brown
- Now add the chopped green chillies, fry it for a few seconds, then the curry leaves, stir it and turn off the heat.
- add this seasoning to the Idli batter along with chopped coriander leaves, MIx it well.
- Grease the regular plate or idli plate,
- put the batter to the greased plates
- keep the steamer or pressure cooker with enough water on medium high heat to steam the idli
- place the idli plate, cover it and don't put the whistle.Turn off the heat after 15 minutes, and let it cook for a few minutes before you take it out
- Remove the Idli plate, keep it out for few more minutes, then cut this using a knife as shown
- Serve the Quinoa Idli with CHutney or Idli sambar,