This is the Mango season, and many mouthwatering dishes can be made using Mango. Bursting with fresh mango flavor, this Mango burfi is one of my favorite sweet. My mother used to prepare this Mango – coconut burfi and this recipe is from her :)
For Vegan Mango Coconut burfi use coconut oil.
- Grind coconut and Mango pulp for few seconds.
- Transfer this mix to a thick bottom pan, add sugar mix it.
- Keep this mix on the stove on medium heat and stir it.
- Once the sugar melts, cover it with a lid and let it cook on medium low heat, stir it in between.
- After 5 to 8 minutes, most of the water evaporates from the mix and it will begin to get thick. Now remove the lid.
- Add a TBSP ghee, mix it and cook on low flame for few more minutes stir it more often to avoid burning, until the whole mix leaves the pan
- The burfi will be ready to transfer on to a greased plate once it leaves the pan like a ball.
- Transfer the mix onto a plate, spread it evenly and leave it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut it into desired shape and size.
- Enjoy the delicious Mango burfi :)