Jackfruit Payasa Recipe, How to make Jackfruit Kheer Recipe
Payasa/kheer/payasam can be prepared from many different things like Fruits, dals, rice you name it. Each payasam is has its own flavor and taste. Here is one of my favorite payasam using jackfruit/halasina hannu. It is very easy to make. Make sure you prepare this during the Jackfruit season and enjoy!
- 6 jack fruits
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Jaggery powder
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut
- 1/2 TBSP fine sooji/chiroti Rava (wheat coarse)
- 2 TBSP ghee
- 8 to 10 raisins
- 5 almonds cut into small pieces
- 5 cashews cut into small pieces
- 2 pinches cardamom powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
[the_ad id="4800"]Jackfruit Payasa Recipe, How to make Payasam Recipes
- Remove the seeds and keep 6 jackfruits ready to cut.
- Cut them into small cubes as shown.
- Keep a thick bottom pan on a medium high heat and dry roast the rave( until it turns golden brown) and keep it aside.
- Keep the same pan back and add 1 tea spoon of ghee. Fry almonds, cashews and raisins until they are done. Transfer it on to a plate.
- To the same pan add more ghee, one it is hot enough add the cut jackfruit pieces. Fry it for few minutes ( 4 to 5 minutes).
- Now add the milk and allow it to boil.
- Meanwhile grind coconut along with 1/4 cup of water to a fine paste.
- Once the milk starts boiling, add roasted rave and mix it well.
- After 2 minutes add the coconut paste . Also add little water to the jar and add that water too.
- Now add the jaggery and mix it and let it boil on a medium low heat. Don't forget to stir continuously.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes turn off the heat. Add cardamom powder and the fried raisins, cashews and almonds. Mix it.
- Now the delicious payasam is ready to serve. If you want payasam/kheer to be more on liquid side add more milk.