Ragi Ambali is one of the extremely nutritious and easier to digest breakfast. It takes just couple of minutes to prepare. Health benefits of Ragi Ambali: Ragi is rich in calcium, iron and fiber. It also contains phytochemicals, which aids in slowing down the digestion process. Ragi's high levels of niacin help in increasing HDL cholesterol while lowering Triglycerides. If you are preparing for toddlers you can add more ghee to it. Adding buttermilk to Ambali increases it nutritional value and tastes good too. Please make sure to add the buttermilk once the ambli becomes warm, otherwise it curdles.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Ragi flour
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- Little Ghee (more ghee if Ragi Ambali for baby).
- Mix all the ingredients in a pan.
- Boil the mix, stirring continuously on a medium heat for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Drink Ragi Ambali hot or warm. Drinking hot or warm. will aid in digesting of Ragi. You can add buttermilk to it and drink.