Pumpkin poori recipe | Vegan poori recipe | Gluten free masala poori | gluten free pumpkin poori with rice flour
Poori is one of the most popular fried bread in India. Poori is made of wheat or maida/all purpose flour. Everyone irrespective of the age loves it. Nowadays many of us are looking for a gluten free poori recipe, here is the interesting gluten free poori using rice flour and cooked kabocha squash or sweet pumpkin.
Along with pumpkin we have added rice flour, onion, jeera, chilies, curry leaves and coconut.
Try this Sweet pumpkin poori with coconut chutney.
Pumpkin poori recipe | Vegan poori recipe | Gluten free masala poori
- 1 small sweet pumpkin/sihi kumbalakaayi/chini kaayi
- Rice flour quantity depends on the pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1 medium size onion optional
- 1/2 grated fresh coconut
- 8 byadagi red chillies more or less
- 1/2 cup curry leaves
- 1/8 tsp hing
- around 2 tsp salt or salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- Wash the pumpkin, cut and peel the skin.
- Scoop the seeds and Cut into cubes as shown
- Pressure cook the cut pumpkin, without adding water on medium high heat . Turn off the heat after 1 whistle
- Let it cool completely
- Grind red chilies and jeera ,add hing, coconut, onion pieces. Grind it fine paste. Try not to add water.
- Either you can add curry leaves now and pulse or you can finely chop it and add to the dough.
- add the masala to the cooked pumpkin, add salt and mix it really well.
- Now add rice flour little by little until you get the firm dough.
- For the consistency of the dough please watch the video, I have used around 3.5 cups of rice flour,
- Grease the parchment paper/hoLige paper or banana leaf or plastic sheet
- take a small amount of dough, make a ball and press with your palm to make the round shape as shown in the video
- Heat the oil on medium high heat, Once the oil is hot add the prepared poori
- once the poori starts to come up, gently press the poori with a ladle, so that it will puff up
- flip and fry both sides
- Once the poori is fried well on both sides, remove it and place it in a colander
- repeat same procedure with the remaining dough
- Serve these Hot pooris with coconut chutney
- Make sure to use enough oil to fry the poori
- fry the pooris on high heat
- Oil should be really hot to get perfect pooris
- when you fry the poori, once the poori starts to come up, gently press down the poori with a ladle, so that it will puff up the poori. we can make around