Beans are a rich source of protein for the vegetarian diet. If you have difficulties digesting beans, the best thing to do is sprout them. According to studies and research, sprouting is a good choice for people with sensitive gut.
Sprouting seeds/legumes helps to breakdown the complex sugars, which in turn reduces the intestinal gas, helping us digest them easier.
It is not at all hard to sprout the beans at home. Four easy steps- wash, soak, drain and keep for sprouting. All are 2 to 3 minutes work and end up with enjoying the at home sprouted healthy mung beans.
To know more about sprouts and benefits please read the article “Sprouts – Panacea for many ills” by Dr.Shivashankar. It’s a healthy staple to add to a quick vegan dinner.
- Take required amount of Mung Beans
- Wash thoroughly and soak the washed beans in 3 times of water .example: soak 1 cup mung beans in 3 cups of water overnight or 6 to 8 hours
- In the morning or once it is soaked completely( bean will double in size) drain the water using a colander or strainer as shown.
- On top of a empty bowl keep the strainer with the soaked mung beans as shown.
- Cover it with a plate and keep it near the stove or warm place at home. If you do this in the morning by evening you will have sprouted beans. If not by evening you will get the sprouts definitely by next morning (24 hours)
- This is next morning. We have the sprouted Mung Beans.
- You can use this sprouts to make Salad, Dose, or usli/sundal.