Ragi or finger millet is Ragi is rich in calcium, iron and fiber. It also contains phytochemicals, which aids in slowing down the digestion process. Ragi’s high levels of niacin help in increasing HDL cholesterol while lowering Triglycerides.. It is one of the nutritious millets.
Here is the simple yet delicious ragi milk / Finger millet milk recipe. This is vegan and gluten free recipe
Try other ragi /finger millet recipes such as
- Wash the ragi /finger millet thoroughly and soak it with 1/2 cup of water overnight or 6 to 8 hours
- Grind the soaked ragi along with coconut, and cardamom to fine consistency
- strain the ragi milk to a pan,and again grind the pulp adding water. repeat the procedure 3 to 4 times after extracting the milk a couple of times, discard the pulp.
- Add the jaggery or any sweeter of your choice and mix it well.
- Ragi milk is ready to drink.
Either you can drink this milk at room temperature or chilled. I have used 2 cups of water in this recipe