Healthy and tasty dill leaves chutney or in kannada it is sabbassige soppu / sabsige soppu chutney for rice, idli, dosa. With simple ingredients like dals/ lentils, coconut and this dill leaves we can make delicious side dish. In this recipe use of onion and garlic is optional.
You can use this chutney as bread spread as well. Try this chutney with rice, dosa, idli, rotti …
Few of the benefits of dill leaves are:
Dill leaves are healthy greens which are
– anti inflammatory,
-helps to boost the digestion
-helps in reducing insomnia
-menstrual and respiratory discomforts
For joint pain eat a handful of raw dill leaves any time of the day.
Try this tasty chutney for dosa, rotti or goes well with rice as well.
Detailed video recipe and step by step pictures as well. Few of the benefits of dill leaves are: Dill leaves are healthy greens which are - anti inflammatory, -helps to boost the digestion -helps in reducing insomnia -menstrual and respiratory discomforts For joint pain eat a handful of raw dill leaves any time of the day. Try this tasty chutney for dosa, rotti or goes well with rice as well.
- 1 leaves bunch dill
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut
- 3 tbsp split black gram/ Urad dal uddina bele
- or chana dal or toor dal kadale bele, togari bele
- 1/2 of small onion- chopped
- little tamarind soaked on water
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Jaggery
- 4 byadagi red chillies
- 3 green chillies
- 3/4 to 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp for frying the dill leaves and dal
- For seasoning:
- pinch of hing
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Few curry leaves
Dill Leaves Chutney
- Separate the leaves from the stem( if it is render you can use the stem as well. then wash it and keep it ready
- Heat a tsp oil in a pan on medium low/low heat, once hot add urad dal and fry it until the dal turns light golden brown.
- Once the dals turns golden brown, add chillies, fry it for few seconds, add cut onions,
- if you like to add garlic adda clove of garlic,
- Once the onions are slightly done add chopped dill leaves and stir it for a minute
- After a minute, turn off the heat
- and add coconut, salt, mix it and let it cool before we grind
- Grind this cooled mixture along with tamarind, jaggery and little water to a fine consistency
- If this chutney is for rice make it little thick consistency, for idli, dosa... add a little more water. Transfer the chutney to a bowl