Avocados are rich in many nutrients and have monounsaturated fat, making it an excellent addition to our diet. Rotis, being a staple for many people, make this recipe a perfect way to incorporate Avocados into our diets.
Nutrition and Health benefits of Avocado
- Avocado contains Healthy fats (mostly monounsaturated) that has the capability to reduce LDL cholesterol.
- Avocado is very low on the Glycemic Index scale
- Contains more potassium than bananas, which helps patients with high blood pressure.
- Avocado is rich in Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin K, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- Covers almost half of our recommend daily fiber intake
For more details about Avocado, please visit
Ingredients For Avocado Roti:
- 1 cup wheat flour
- ½ ripe Avocado – peeled and seeded
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon dhania powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoon oil
Makes 6 rotis.
How to make Avocado Paratha / Roti:
First mix the dough using flour, salt and avocado throughly. Use water only if you need.
Knead the dough well until you feel a smoothness in making a small balls.
Divide the dough into 6 equal parts.
Dust the ball with flour by dipping it in a bowl with flour. Roll the ball flat, and use extra flour if needed to keep it from sticking to the surface.
Heat the skillet. Once it is heated, place the flattened dough on top of the skillet leave for few seconds, and then flip it.
Spray/brush the oil on the roti, again wait for a few seconds and flip again.
Now gently press this roti so that it puffs up.
Now flip it again and repeat the process. Once the roti has cooked completely, remove the roti from the skillet.
The roti is ready.
Repeat the same procedure for the remaining dough.