Peanut yogurt | Vegan curd or non dairy curd | vegan yogurt recipe.
Plant based yogurt recipe for vegans using 2 ingredients – Peanuts and lime/lemon juice. We have tried and used this peanut yogurt in many south indian dishes which call for yogurt. It is creamy, protein rich and easy to make plant based yogurt.
Vegan peanut yogurt | vegan curd
- 1/2 cup Peanuts / groundnuts
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tsp lime/lemon juice
- Wash and soak the peanuts in 1 cup of water for 4 hours or overnight
- drain the water from the soaked peanuts and grind it along with 1 cup of water
- strain using a muslin cloth or fine mesh strainer as shown here
- put the pulp back into the mixer jar, add another cup of water and repeat the same procedure.
- repeat the same procedure for the 3rd time. then discard the pulp
Making the yogurt:
- Let this peanut milk boil on medium heat. Stir in between
- Once the milk starts to boil, reduce the heat to low and let it boil for another 3 minutes. Then turn off the heat
- When it is slightly hot rather than warm, add lemon juice . mix it well
- Mix it well, cover it and keep it aside in a warm place . It may take 5 to 8 hours to set. Now it is ready to use.
- Once this curd/yogurt is set you can use this curd as your starter.