Vegetable pakora or mixed veg pakodas with detailed video instructions.
Another simple yet delicious evening snack Vegetable pakoras / pakodas. Pakoras or vegetable fritters are a very popular Indian snack. Try this Vegan snack with green chutney or sauce.
Easy to make, spicy, crispy winter time or rainy season snack and best party / get together appetizer.
You should try our fried chickpeas and other mouthwatering snacks as well.
TOOLS and ingredients to buy :
gram flour /besan
chiroti rava / fine sooji
Jeera /cumin seeds
Please watch the videos for detailed visual instructions for making vegetable pakoras
- 3/4 cup chiroti rave / fine sooji / sine semolina
- 1/4 cup grated coconut optional
- 1.5 tbsp gram floue / besan / chana besan
- 1.5 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp jeera cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ajwain / omkaaLu
- pinch of hing
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 5 finely chopped green chillies( quantity depends on your spice intake and the chilli
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped carrots green beans, cabbage, and onion
- 2 to 3 tbsp finely chopped mint you can use spinach or dill leaves or methi leaves
- 2.5 tbsp oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp water
- Enough oil to deep fry pakoda
Vegetable pakora recipe | Mix Vegetable pakoda
- Take rava in a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix it well
- Heat 2.5 tbsp oil in a ladle and add that to the mix. since the oil is very hot use the spoon to combine, then mix thoroughly with hand
- To this add chopped vegetables, coconut, and ginger . mix it well without adding water, then sprinkle the water to make the dough as shown. I have used 2 tbsp of water.
To fry the pakoda:
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadai on medium low heat to deep fry the pakoda
- Take around 1 to 1.5 tbsp of the dough and shape as you desire(oval or ball or flat as ambode)
- Once the oil is hot (check by adding little pakoda mix, it has to come up immediately) add the prepared pakoras (number of pakoras you can fry at a time depends on the quantity of the oil you are using)
- Fry it stirring constantly until all sides turn golden brown.
- Once the pakoras turn golden brown, remove from oil and transfer it onto a paper towel or colander.
- Follow the same procedure with the remaining pakora mix
- we can make around 30 vegetable pakodas with the given measurement.
- Serve the pakoras with sauce, chutney or you can savour as it is