Fried chickpeas recipe | Fried garbanzo beans snack| Crunchy vegan, gluten free chana snack
Kabuli chana or garbanzo beans or chickpea snack is an Easy and delicious like haldirams namkeen. These crunchy masala chana snacks are best with a cup of coffee or tea. This is gluten free, vegan, protein rich and a spicy snack.
If you don’t have time to soak and cook the beans you use canned garbanzo beans, drain the water, wash it with cold water, and follow the same procedure.
Fried chickpeas recipe | Fried garbanzo beans snack
- 1 cup kabul kadale / garbanzo beans /chickpeas
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ to 1 tsp salt to cook the soaked beans
- Turmeric powder
To the fried Kabuli chana add:
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder/dried mango powder
- 1 to 2 pinch ginger powder
- little salt
- Dried mint leaves powder(you can dry roast the fresh mint and rub theagainst palm as shown
- Garlic powder optional
- Oil to fry the chana
- Wash and soak the kabuli chana in 3 to 4 cups of water overnight or minimum 6 hours
- Pressure cook the soaked chana along with around 3/4 cup water, little turmeric powder, and around ¾ to 1 tsp salt on medium heat, turf off the heat after 1 whistle
- Drain the water from the cooked chickpeas and spread it on clean cloth or paper towel for 10 to 15 minutes
- Heat the required amount of oil in a pan on medium heat to fry the beans.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add the beans( quantity depends on the amount of oil you are using) Fry it until the bubbles subsides and the beans turn golden yellow. Or light golden brown
- Stir it in between so that the beans will be fried evenly all sides
- Once the bubbles are subsided and all beans turned golden brown, remove it using a perforated ladle onto a paper towel.
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining chana
To make the masala chana:
- To the fried kabuli chana add red chili powder, chat masala, powdered sugar, amchur powder/dried mango powder, a pinch to 2 ginger powder, salt (little), dried mint powder and if you like add garlic powder. Mix it well and Fried chana snacks ready to eat.