Dahi Vada | mosaru Vada | Thair Vada recipe:
Mosaru means curd or yogurt dahi in hindi. Dahi vada or mosaru vade is vadas immersed in spiced dahi or yogurt. This is one of the most popular snacks of north and south India. The spices we use in the curd varied from region to region. This particular recipe is karnataka style with simple green chillies, jeera and pepper powder.
Please CLICK HERE for the recipe of urad dal vada and enjoy making this mosaru / dahi vada.
Karnataka style dahi vada with detailed video instructios.
- 3/4 to 1 cup curd /yogurt
- for 4 spilt black gram vada / urad dal vada
- crispy boondi
- chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp little sugar
- finely chopped green chillies
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- grated carrot
Dahi Vada | Thair Vada
- Prepare the urad dal vadas and let it cool . Or you can use leftover vadas
- Boil around 2 cups of water on high heat then turn off the heat
- To this water add the vadas, let it soak for a minute
- Add salt, sugar, chopped green chillies, jeera powder, pepper powder to the curd and mix it well
- If the vadas are hard then soak it in water for more time elase 1 minute is fine, squeeze the water from the soaked vadas and put it in the spiced curd
- Immerse the vadas into the curd completely
- Then place the vada in a serving bowl, pour come spiced yogurt, garnish with boondi, grated carrot and chopped coriander leaves and serve