Aloo Sev | Potato Sev |alugedde kharada kaddi is very easy to make tea time snack. This aloo sev is a vegan and gluten free snack as well. This popular Indian snack is made from potatoes, gram flour/besan and spices. Try this easy Aloo sev for this DeepavaLi festival.
TOOLS and Ingredients(Click on the picture to buy):
Aloo Sev Recipe | Potato Sev
- 2 medium size boiled potatoes cooked potatoes
- 1 cup gram flour / besan / chickpea flour
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder more or less
- 2 pinches of hing
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- enough oil to fry the sev
- Chakli press with sev disc
- Cook the potatoes. Peel the potatoes
- and grate it to a bowl
- Add other ingredients - salt, chili powder, hing and turmeric powder.
- Mix it well. No need to add water.
- Grease the sev press and sev disc . Assemble the press, and place the dough in the press.
- To make the Aloo Sev:
- Heat enough oil in a pan on medium low heat, once the oil is hot (to check add little dough, it has to come up immediately)
- Press the sev directly into the hot oil as shown in the video..
- Fry it until both sides turns golden brown
- As bubbles subsides, flip and fry on the other side as well.
- Once the Sev turns golden brown, remove and transfer it onto a colander.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough