Amaranth / dhantina soppu helps in fighting against stomach flu, diarrhea and also controls excessive menstrual flow. These leaves are a good source of vitamin A, C, and folate. Here we have a simple to make spread using the amaranth leaves which can be used on Dosa, as chutney or on bread.
- Handful of Amaranth / rajgiri / dhantu leaves around 2 cups of leaves (no stem)
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 4 to 5 green chillies
- around ¼ cup fresh coconut
- ½ teaspoon salt
- little lemon juice
- Serves 3 to 4 dosa.
- First we are going to blanch the leaves. For that, boil ½ cup of water.
- To this boiling water, add the leaves and strain it immediately. (DO NOT cook the leaves)
- Allow it to cool. By blanching the leaves, we are getting the bright green leaves.
- Add these leaves along with the all other ingredients to the the mixer jar and grind it to a fine paste. Transfer this to a bowl and our spread is ready.
- To use it on the dosa, prepare the dosa as usual. After the dosa has cooked for 10-15 seconds, smear some of the spread on the dosa, add a little more ghee, and let it continue cooking.