Cauliflower rice bhath is an easy and tasty rice dish, Perfect for lunchbox as well.
Here in this recipe I am using cauliflower as main vegetables along with fresh/frozen peas and carrots. . You can use different vegetables like beans, cabbage, kohlrabi …
This is gluten free, vegan , no onion, no garlic rice recipe.
Utensils used in this recipe:
stainless steel utensils (BUY HERE
- Wash and soak the rice with 1 cup of water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Grind all the “masala” ingredients to a coarse texture without adding water
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker on medium heat. once hot add jeera. then 2 bay leaves / palav ele, then the ground masala and fry it for half a minute
- Then add cut vegetables, turmeric powder, mix it well.
- transfer the water from soaked rice to the mixer jar and add that water,( this step is to get the remaining masala from the jar) and add the soaked rice as well
- Add salt, squeeze some lemon juice(optional) MIx it really well. Then increase the flame to medium high, Once it starts to boil, cover the lid, and turn off the heat after ONE whistle.
- Now the Cauliflower bhath is ready. Open the lid, mix it gently and serve the Bhath with raita or chips or papads.