Gluten free Mysore Pak recipe | Vegan Mysore pak | Ganesha festival | vinayaka chaturti,
To celebrate Gowri and ganesha festival we are making Vegan (dairy free) Mysore pak.
Try this other Burfi recipes such as coconut burfi, coconut mango burfi, other sweets recipes.
Please watch the video for detailed instruction to make Mysore Pak!
- 1 cup kadale hittu /besan flour / bengal gram flour
- Make sure to sieve this and keep it ready this is important
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup any cooking refined oil
- Non vegan option-
- 1 cup ghee or
- 1/2 cup ghee and 1/2 cup refined oil
Mysore Pak |Vegan Mysore Pak
- Grease the plate and keep it ready
- Heat sugar and water in a pan on medium low heat to make the syrup
- First keep the sugar and water to make the syrup and after 2 to 3 minutes keep the oil to heat
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan on medium low heat
- Once the sugar is melted, and occasionally stir this syrup until we get the one thread consistency
- Once the oil is hot add the besan /kadle hittu,turn off the heat and mix it
- Once you get 1 string consistency of this sugar syrup (as shown in the video) add this syrup to this besan-oil mix and keep this back on stove on low heat
- mix it and stir this continuously until the mysorepak mix leaves the pan as shown.
- Turn off the heat and Transfer this to a greased plate,
- pat the plate to spread evenly. Once it is cooled , cut the mysorepak to desired shape and size
- Gently remove the pieces one by one and enjoy the soft vegan Mysore Pak
Make sure not to overheat the oil. If it is overheated when you add flour it will overflow. Use of big pan is recommended
Either you can grind chana dal / kadle bELe / split bengal gram toa fine powder like this or you can use store bought besan /chana flour.