Hurigadale Tambittu Recipe, roasted Gram Laddu Recipe
Shravana maasa is month of festivals. Nagara panchami, mangalagowri and finally gowri festival , we make tambittu to offer to god and also we do aarati with this tambittu. Simple to make, healthy and for naivedya, here is the recipe of fried gram / puthani/hurigadale tambittu recipe.
Servings 40 unde/laddu
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 to 20 minutes
- Powder and sieve the hurigadale/roasted gram and keep it ready.
- Heat the pan on very low heat. Just roast the grated coconut for 2 to 3 minutes to remove the raw smell. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Heat the ghee in the same pan.
- Once it is hot, add jaggery powder to it. Mix it. Let the Jaggery melts in the ghee and stir this until the ghee and the jaggery becomes one.
- Like this.
- Now turn off the heat and add the powdered hurigadale/fried gram dal/pottu kadalai, roasted coconut and cardamom powder. Mix it really well.
- Once you mix it thoroughly, allow it to cool for a minute or so.
- While it is still hot make the laddu/unde like this.
- If it is hard to make the balls, add little more melted ghee, mix it and you can make the laddus.
- Now the tambittu is ready.
You can add roasted gasagase, fired cashew pieces and also raisins.